Thursday, February 23, 2023
Ireland’s Top 5 Smart Alarm Systems
A smart alarm system is a great way to keep your home and family safe. Take a look at the top five smart alarm systems currently on the market to help you decide which one is right for your home.
A smart alarm system, along with Ireland's best smart video doorbells, is a great way to keep your home and family safe.
According to Central Statistics Office, the number of burglary offences has risen by 18% over the past year alone. Smart alarm systems can detect intrusions, alert you if there’s a fire or gas leak, and provide you with additional peace of mind when you are away from home.
So, which system is right for you? At Insure My House, we’ve put together a comprehensive overview of the top five smart alarm systems currently on the market, as well as their key features and benefits. So, without further ado, here are our top five picks:
Top 5 Smart Alarm Systems
As Ireland’s most trusted smart alarm system, this award-winning home security system is an excellent choice for protecting your home. With over 30 years of experience, protecting over 100,000 Irish homes, PhoneWatch has the highest review score on Trustpilot. For all-inclusive home security, you can avail of a home alarm pack for as little as €49. The company also offers some great additional services and features:
· Immediate response 24/7
· Great customer service
· Free servicing & battery charges with no call-out fee
· Portable voice units and cameras
· Interactive smartphone app
· Connect to smart home devices
· Doorbell camera & HD security cameras.
Protecting over 25,000 homes in Ireland, HomeSecure specialises in crime prevention. They can tailor a smart home alarm system to best suit your needs. HomeSecure offers in-house monitoring to ensure an instant response to alarm activations 24/7. If your alarm is activated, the HomeSecure smart alarm system will trigger an alert response in under 15 seconds. Their team will inform you immediately if someone tries to gain entry to your home. If they do, HomeSecure will notify the Gardai urgently. Plus, the company offers the following services and features:
· 90-minute installation
· Wireless technology – with long-life sensors, up to 7-years battery life
· Stylish and modern security sensors with anti-tamper detection
· Free smartphone app – switch on and off your security system from anywhere
· Detailed alerts
· Panic alert
· Stay and away features – when you’re home alone you can set perimeter sensors, or when you’re away on holidays you can arm all sensors.
· Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
· Pet friendly.
Action24 were awarded the best alarm monitoring team at the ISIA Awards in 2022. With their 5-star Trustpilot review score, it’s easy to see why this company is a great choice for your home security system. With over 40 years in the industry, Action24 offer smart alarm systems with complete protection. You can upgrade and evolve your home security system with additional devices when you need to, and control them all with a user-friendly smartphone app. The company also offers other services and features:
· Award-winning smartphone app
· Flashing external bell box
· Wireless sensors
· Touchscreen control panel
· Internal HD Wi-Fi camera – with 2-way audio
· Smoke detectors and fire alarms
· Panic devices
· Smart plugs – to programme lighting to turn off at set-times.
4. Network Security
Leading the way in home security in Ireland since 1995, Network Security should not be overlooked when considering your home security needs. Customers get access to cutting-edge technology and support for safer, smarter homes. Their skilled team have a wealth of knowledge and experience to meet your home security needs. Plus, you can avail of other great services and features in their smart alarm systems:
· 24/7 security monitoring and emergency response
· Panic alert
· Full maintenance and support
· Smart App – for full control of your smart alarm system
· Installation in less than 2.5 hours
· Reactive CCTV, Internal and external sounders, panic key fob
· Smoke and heat detectors
5. Verisure Ireland
Last, but certainly not least, is the leading European monitored alarm supplier for homes and businesses. Verisure has over 4.5 million customers across Europe and South America. With over 30 years in the business, Verisure offers you maximum protection. You’ll be able to control your smart alarm system from anywhere in the world. The company also offers the following additional services and features:
· Human response in under 1 minute
· Smartphone control
· Smart key and keypad – with an SOS button
· 24/7 monitoring and protection
· Family friendly
· Same-day installation
· Surveillance cameras
· Deterrent signage.
With today’s great smart alarm systems, you can even install security cameras and motion sensors. Home appliances, furniture, and equipment such as fan and ventilation systems can be
costly. That’s why protecting these assets with a good home security system is important. Make sure to install these in the areas where you keep your expensive home appliances, paintings or crystalware.
As technology progresses, more and more advanced smart alarm systems are being created. Ultimately, the best system is one that fits your budget, home size and security needs.